You have the same hours in the day as Queen B




So those that know me, know I like to challenge myself every now and again . So a couple months back I decided to set myself the challenge to make from scratch an inspired Roberto Cavali dress worn by non other than miss queen B from her lemonade visual album. I did this for two reasons one, because I like to get out of my comfort zone when it comes to sewing in order to expand and learn new things about my craft. Two, because I like what the dress symbolised to me. I have always loved Beyonce and the work she does and will always appreciate her as an artist.  Her work ethic is insane and I love that when she wants something she does goes out and gets it. I remember seeing this meme  that said, "you have the same hours in the day as Beyonce" once I read that it made me think yeah why cant I aim to do the same if not better. So I guess in a corny cliche way the dress was my way of 'channeling' my inner Beyonce.  Which really if you think about it everyone wants to or has at one point or another in their life , right ? 

Bx









Comments

  1. i found your blog through one of your sewing tutorials on youtube and i am so glad because this dress is majorly inspiring. i've had the fabric to make my version of the yung thug jeffery dress for 8 MONTHS. your dress is incredible AND it has given me the sign that i am now emotionally ready to cut my fabric omgoodness thank you very much =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts